I’ve always been a very avid reader. I was the kid who got in trouble for reading long into the night. My poor eyesite is actually accredited to laying on one side while reading with my flashlight as a child. (That’s why one eye is doubly as bad as the other.)
I’ve done reading challenges (with Goodreads) since 2014, with anywhere from 150 to 35 books, depending on what stage of life I was in! All that to say, I love to read. This year I did pretty in number, around 45 books, and while I’m happy I read, and it was nice to keep my mind engaged, the quality and content was mostly “fluffy” type reads. Mindless stuff I could fit in while my kiddos napped.
In 2022, I’m looking for a challange, and I’d like learn some things. Focusing a little more on quality and content, over numbers for my list.
So this is my 2022 reading challange. I picked 22 because it is catchy, while also a nice number of challenging works, but leaving some wiggle room for recommendations and other books that catch my fancy.
A couple of these are rereads, but ones I thought were worth the extra time, and I’d like to spend more time getting into them.
2022 reading challange!
These are a mix of memoir, nonfiction, self help, and a couple fiction titles I’ve been meaning to read for a while.
1. The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin
2. Grumpy Mom Takes a Holiday, by Valerie Woerner
3. Share your Stuff, I’ll go First, by Laura Tremaine
4. Declutter like a mother, by Allie Casazza
5. Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
6. When Breath becomes Air, by Paul Kalanithi
7. Wild, by Cheryl Strayed
8. Lillian Boxfish takes a Walk, by Kathleen Rooney
9. Welcome Home, by Myquillyn Smith
10. Landslide, by Susan Conley
11. How to Talk so Little Kids will Listen, by Joanna Faber and Julie King
12. Mrs Mike by Benedict freedman and Nancy freedman
13. Hillbilly Elegy by J.d. Vance
14. Worthy by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Eric Schumacher
15. Uninvited by Luda TerKeurst
16. The Art of Memoir by Mary Karr
17. Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
18. The Flirtation Experiment by Phylicia Masonheimer
19. The Next Right Thing, by Emily p. Freeman
20. Burnout by Emily and Amelia Nagasaki
21. Cozy Minimalist home, by Myquillyn Smith
22. The Lazy Genius Kitchen by Kendra Adachi
I’d love to hear about your reading life, lists and any challenges your considering in 2022!